Munich AIR & STYLE Nike 6.0 + Nike 6.0 STAIRSET BATTLEFebruary 13th, 2011 by admin received Comments Off Tweet
Peetu Piiroinen (FIN) wins Nike 6.0 Air & Style Munich 2011 followed by Seppe Smits (BEL) and Halldor Helgason (ICE) 16.500 spectators witness the return of the Air & Style to the Munich Olympic Stadium
Munich, February 12th, 2011 – Peetu Piiroinen from Finland wins the Nike 6.0 Air & Style Munich 2011. With a Cab 1260 Mute Grab and a Frontblunt 270 (93,07 points) in the super final of the best four riders, which was viewed by 16.500 spectators, he won the coveted Ring of Glory at the Munich Olympic Stadium. Seppe Smits (BEL/91,6 points) got second, Halldor Helgason (ICE/77,6) third and Nils Arvidsson (SWE/37) fourth. Piiroinen got the lions’ share of the 75.000 Euro prize money and 1.000 points in Swatch TTR World Tour Ranking for the victory. He is now in the lead of the TTR World Tour followed by Seppe Smits.
Andrew Hourmont, founder of the Air & Style: „The Air & Style and Snowboarding have successfully returned to Munich. And I believe that Munich is happy that we are back. Our setup has proven its value. The riders have demonstrated world class sports and the fans haven gone along.
The only remaining German contestant, Ethan Morgan, from Mittenwald has beaten favourite Iouri Podladtchikov (SUI) in the first round and got sixth. The other favourite rider, Sebastien Toutant (CAN), Air & Style Peking 2010- and X-Games-winner, got fifth. Werner Stock (AUT), thrid at the Air & Style Innsbruck only a week ago, has beaten his buddy Peter König (AUT) and got seventh. With his victory at the stadium slopestyle of the Nike 6.0 Air & Style Munich 2011 Piiroinen has defended his lead in the TTR World Rankings.
Mike Casanova (USA/89,33) won the Nike 6.0 Stairset Battle, Jamie Nicholls (UK/84,33) became second and Forest Bailey (USA/82,67) third.
Results Nike 6.0 Air & Style Munich 2011 Staiusm Slopestyle-Contest
1. PIIROINEN, Peetu FIN Nike 6.0, Burton 93,07 points
2. SMITS, Seppe BEL Red Bull, Burton 91,60
3. HELGASON, Halldor ISL Nike 6.0 77,60
4. ARVIDSSON, Nils SWE Rip Curl 37,00
5. TOUTANT, Sebastien CAN O’Neill, Red Bull
6. MORGAN, Ethan GER Nike 6.0
8. BADERTSCHER, Ulrik NOR Quiksilver
9. KOSKI, Markku FIN Quiksilver
10. HALLER, Christian SUI Burton
11. KOTSENBURG, Sage USA Nike 6.0, Monster
12. PODLADTCHIKOV, Iouri SUI Quiksilver
13. KÖNIG, Peter AUT Forum
14. MALIN, Markus FIN 32 Snowboard Boots
15. AGUIRRE, Mason USA Nike 6.0
16. KORPI, Janne FIN Kissmark
Results Nike 6.0 Stairset Battle
1. CASANOVA, Mike USA Atmosphere, Monument 89,33 points
2. NICHOLLS, Jamie GBR Nike 6.0 84,33
3. BAILEY, Forest USA GNU, Red Bull 82,67
4. PAWLUSIAK, Wojtek POL Burton, AG 75,67
5. VALAIKA, Keegan USA Burton, Gnarley 73,00
6. HELGASON, Eiki ISL Oakley, Skullcandy 68,33
7. RAJCSANYI, Daniel GER Sionyx, Nitro 68,00
8. BÜHLER, Boris SUI Santa Cruz 15,00YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
Tags: air and style 2011, Eiki Helgason, forest bailey, Halldor Helgason, helgason, jamie nicholls, mike casanova, munich air & style, Munich AIR & STYLE Nike 6.0 + Nike 6.0 STAIRSET BATTLE, nike 6.0, nike stairset battle, petu piiroinen, Sebastien Toutant, seppe smits, Stairset BattlePosted under: SNOWBOARD