Andrea Valle ITWSeptember 1st, 2010 by admin received Comments Off Tweet
I remember the first time I met Andrea. It was a lot of years ago in an old parking lot in Arenzano, where the local kids used to meet after school to skate together, listen to some music or simply chilling without thinking at the following school day.
While we were getting slammed with our first fs Ollies, Andrea came with his usual
smile, skating the spot in a way we never thought possible and leaving our mouth open with
a series of tricks that we could barely imagine.
After that day, I’ve never heard again the name of Andrea without a connection to
skateboarding, and every time I ‘ve met him later, he had always his deck under his arm. Now that we are a little bit more in touch, it’s always because of skate. So it’s seems quite proper to devote him our first Skate Profile.
Here’s coming, Andrea Valle!!! Big ups man!!!
* Hi Andrea, let’s start with some obvious questions, how old are you and how long have you been traveling on your deck?
…..well…..unfortunately I’m already 26. I restarted skateboarding 6/7 years ago.
* What pushed you to get on a skateboard for the first time?
…..I remember that when we were rookies we often brought our on line skates to catch us down the streets of Cogoleto. Among us there was a dear friend of mine, who came from Cremona, and he was following us with his skateboard. Soon I had a big monkey on my shoulder that wanted me to go skateboarding…so I just bought one and everything begun.
* Who’s your favourite skateboarder ?
……well ..it’s difficult to say that…they’re too many…
Jake Duncombe…Guzman..Busennitz…Leo Romero…and many others….nowadays the scene is really plenty of great skaters that destroy the spots.
* One of the first things that a person notice, is that you have a great feeling with the board, you have a real fun with it and it’s obvious that you deeply love it. What did the skate give you during those years?
I’d say….That he made me know a lot of people…places and situations really positives…and I think this is a really good thing…
* Thanks to the Skate you’ll have surely experienced wonderful moments. What’s the one among them that you remember with the most delight?
……yes yes..I’d say a lot of them ..But I think the most beautiful one is our first trip with the camper …From Holland to the Basque Country and finally to Barcelona….Almost a month spent through Europe, Ema, Mike, Davide and me… Soo cool!!!!!!
* Skateboard means also sacrifice, hard work, various slams and a lot of perseverance. Do you think that a so big committment substracted something in the other fields? If yes, in which one in particular?
…..I’d say no…even if before restarting with skateboarding I’ve been playing drums for 5 years and I played really a lot…
…now, between the skate and the job I haven’t su much time left to play, but I try to play it at least once-twice a week, just to keep trained
* It’s incredible the number of tricks that you carry with you. What’s your favourite one, or the one that represents your style in a better way than the others?
…..I don’t know… I never think about that …I only need to do all my tricks in the better way possible…. A lot of people of the national scene say that more than the tricks that I do – that are really a lot, and some of them are heavy enough- it’s the style in which I do them that represents me….
* What do you do in your free time, if you still have some, when you don’t skate?
…..I like chilling.. playing … messing up with my friends…and a lot of concerts and parties…ahahahah
* Some days ago I heard a disturbing sound coming from your car. Have you maybe become a metalhead?
…..yes man, I’ve always been one of them…since some years ago I converted to electronic..but only in a relative way… my heart will always be HC METALHEAD
* Looking forward. What are your projects, plans, ideas for the immediate future?
…..On september 2nd I’ll be operated in the shoulder…the project is to recover and restart shredding everything with my skate, and that’s all!!!!!!
* Ok, let’s see some more general question. I read in almost every skate magazine, but also on the snowboard/bmx ones, negative comments on the Italian scene, due to the lack of great names at an international level, or to the level of the structures and their administrators. What’s your opinion about that, and what would you suggest?
….no comment man….at least, if you really want to skate you can find a tons of spot streets….we are the last cog, but skate is evolving also here in Italy..just wait some years and you’ll see that the scene will be always better
* Do you think that the way in which skateboarding is seen has changed since the beginning? In better…or worst?
….yes, it’s changing in better..even if it’s difficult, because Italy has a really old population…but it’ll become better and better
* You’re always present at the local events. If you could be the person who organize an event, what would you?
…..I don’t know…I’ve to skate during an event, and I could never organize an event without skating it….ahahaha
*What does skating in your town means? What would you do if you could be the mayor of your city for a week?
…..I’d immediately build a huge indoor park…just to launch the Ligurian scene that is sooo sick!
* What would you say to those who enter for the first time in the world of skateboarding?
……just to sk8 sk8 sk8 and to never give up, because skate gives you a lot
* Do you have a favourite motto to charge yourself before skating?
……well …I’d say that I’m always full of charge man….sk8 sk8
* This is the first interview on Candiesmagazine.com. What would you say or suggest us?
…..suggest nothing….instead I want to thank you and say you that your are great because you are promoting a really cool thing…well done occhiena brothers…
* The interview is almost to the end. Last words, thanks, whatever.
……I say thank you for the space you dedicated me and for all the photos…Filippo from VARAZZE SURF SHOP.. for the enormous support he gaves me, and all my friends and skaters who give me the motivation to go on skating…thank you all….and ciaoooooooo
Thank you, Andrea, for the time you conceded us. See you at the next skating day…as always, GASATO!!!!!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
Featured Articles, INTERVIEWS, SKATE